" Not all who wander are lost."

10.20.2010

Hoppin' on board....

My first blog....

I am staring at an almost blank text box, wondering if anyone even cares what I may have to say. I have always loved to write and journal, and must say I read many of my friends blogs and really enjoy the insight and funny stories from their daily lives. I have often thought of blogging my journey through motherhood, complete with pictures of Hannah's cutest moments (you may still see these here, no one is immune to her cuteness!). I have considered blogging recipes and my love of cooking, or even documenting my attempts at diet and weight loss. Though I love these ideas, I have decided to do this blog for myself. I am going to commit to writing about me, my hobbies, my interests, my successes and failures and hopefully in doing this come to find a greater love and appreciation for myself and the gifts God has given me to use.

I think so many women (myself included) get so lost in being a Mom, wife, house keeper, employee, friend, chauffeur (and the list goes on) that they somehow completely lose themselves. After the May monsoon and flood, I began to think of what would be left of me if all my stuff was washed away. What if I had no house, no car, no clothes, no kitchen? What if our office had washed away and I had no job? What if something had happened to my family (horrible thought I know)? Who would I be? What would I do?

I am a Christian woman and know the canned answers to all of these questions... GOD is in Control. He would care for me. He has a perfect plan.... This I do know for sure. I can't help but believe that God wants us to make decisions about our lives, our day to day. He blessed each of us with such unique personalities and interests... But what are mine? I started making a mental list of who I think "Abby" is and it came out as a grocery list of hats I wear, none that I feel are really exactly my style.

I want to document this time in my life. Hopefully somewhere in here my true personality can begin to shine. The next time I get lost in the routine of life I want to come back here, read about things I love and enjoy and be able to find myself once again. I want Hannah to know what my life was like as a young mother and wife. I want her to get a sense of who I am as a person someday. Surely some of you out there reading this can relate, right?

So I'm off.... Though I am not a high tech type of gal, I will try to add pictures, fancy up the blog, and make this journey interesting for those of you who are still reading at this point.

Life's too short to have a bad day, so be sure to find joy in this one!
Abby

No comments: