" Not all who wander are lost."

10.24.2010

Day 5

Something you hope to do in your life....

This one is much less emotional for me (hooray!). There are lots of things I'd love to see Hannah achieve. I could fill a whole page with my dreams for her. I think every mother would love to see her child graduate college, marry and have kids of his/ her own, and just generally live the life they are destined for and be ear to ear grinnin' happy. Since this blog is about me though, I will pick something for just me. There is a long list of things I want to do. For the sake of this blog and anyone who may be reading it, I'll pick only one; one something very unique about me.

I hope to get to build a house. I know a lot about this subject. I have watched my parents build one, though we only got to live there a few short years. I have helped MANY clients make selections and lay out their dream houses. Recently I even got to design and draw and entire new house for a flood victim. I have a layout in my head that I love. I want to do all my own designing (with Jason of course), and build a dream house for our unique little family. One that is tailored to fit our needs and loves. A place to entertain adults and kiddos alike. A house the oozes Dodsoness as soon as you see it!

It would have to be in Pegram, or very close. We LOVE our neighborhood and have them best neighbors one could ever dream of . Don't get me wrong, I do really like the house we are in now. We have done a lot of remodeling in it in the past 6 years. I'd be ok if we stayed here for the rest of our lives (or until our knees couldn't handle the steps anymore), but I would LOVE to see my vision for a whole house come to reality. It's something I have dreamed about since I started working at the shop part time (at 13 years old!).

Maybe I'll pursue my dream of getting my contractor's license. Then I could help others be able to build their dreams, and hopefully make enough money to one day build ours!


*Unrelated Sidebar: I am attempting to write without agonizing over the grammaticality of it all. I know I am misusing some punctuation, writing run-ons and incomplete sentences, and generally committing all the writing sins I was educated to avoid. I am sure there are plenty of typos and misspellings hidden on this page. This is my attempt at stream of consciousness writing. I am trying to be brutally honest in content and avoid my obsession over perfect wording. If you have ever taught me English and are reading this, please know I didn't forget it all! I can write a professional document like nobody's business. I am just working on finding my personal writing style and voice as well.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well, we are going to be here for at least 15 years...so you can just bulldoze your house and rebuild. :) We love you!